Shun Premier 4" Paring Knife - TDM0700
- One of the most essential kitchen knives
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood
- Blade length: 4 in. (10.2 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan
The Shun Premier Paring Knife is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX "super steel" to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
This item is not regularly stocked in our warehouse. Processing time, transit time and stock availability will vary. If you need this item by a certain date, please contact us prior to placing your order. We cannot guarantee this item will not be cancelled or removed from your order once it's placed.
|Blade Length||4 inches / 10.2 cm|
|Blade Material||VG-MAX Steel Core|
|Handle Material||Pakka Wood|
|Rockwell Hardness Scale||60-61°|